Why We Like The MT5 Cycling Shoe
There's a very short list of shoes we'd rather be in for a bikepacking adventure or cruising over some gravel than Shimano's MT5 Cycling Shoe. It not only looks the part of proper outdoor footwear, but it also offers excellent off the bike walkability and cleat-compatibility so you can pack light and scramble around the campsite without the need of additional footwear. Its glass fiber reinforced shank plate gets a stiffness rating of four, still efficient for pedaling but not overly stiff either, and its outsole is covered with EVA rubber for added traction over rocks, roots, and the like.
The MT5's synthetic upper receives mesh panels for increased ventilation, and its fashioned as one piece for an improved fit, better durability, and lighter weight. Its speed-lace system spans the top of the shoe for easy adjustments and a customized fit, and a hook-and-loop strap across the top of the foot holds the laces in place and provides an extra bit of support.
- An outdoors-styled cycling shoe for bikepacking and gravel
- Reinforced shank plate provides efficient pedaling
- Rubber outsole provides grip and walkability off the bike
- Synthetic leather upper is supple and durable
- Two-bolt mountain cleat compatible
- Quickly adjust the fit with a speed lace closure with hook-and-loop security strap
- Item #SHI00JS
- Upper Material
- synthetic leather
- speed lace, hook-and-loop strap
- rubber, fiberglass reinforced shank plate
- Cleat Compatibility
- 2-Bolt mountain
- Claimed Weight
- [size 42, single] 12.3oz (348g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help