Prepare for Launch.
Bikes continue to evolve and specialize and Shimano's commitment of crafting the finest shoes for every discipline continues with the SH-GR7. Designed especially for gravity junkies using platform pedals, these shoes feature an outsole designed to maximize the interface of sole-to-pedal contact. Shimano didn’t just stop there. They employed the French wizards at Michelin to formulate a rubber compound that enhances grip on the pedals as well as the top steps of a champagne drenched podium.
Protection comes in the form of a molded toe cap to defend the piggies before they're safe on the podium, while a stretch mesh ankle collar prevents trail debris from entering the shoe. One area where the GR7 differs from the GR9 is its lack of the speed lacing system, armored lace shield, and asymmetrically raised ankle collar. While these features do have their merits, we feel their absence leads to a shoe with superior aesthetics. A traditional lacing system further contributes to the clean look while allowing for a lightweight and highly adjustable fit. The laces also mean that if you're racing in Nowheresville and you happen to break your “buckle,” new laces should be easy to source. Quick drying uppers will have you spinning perfect circles again after numerous creek crossings without feeling like you have cement boots on your feet.
- A gravity shoe engineered exclusively for platform pedals
- Platform interface design for excellent traction on pedals and earth
- Michelin co-branded rubber outsole provides superior grip
- Perforated synthetic upper and mesh keep your dogs from barking
- Lacing system allows for a customizable adjustment and secure fit
- Molded toe cap adds protection from flying debris and foot strikes
- Fast-drying uppers ensure moisture evaporates quickly