With its SC-MT9051 Di2 Digital Display Unit, Shimano ushers its off-road electronic groupset into the wireless realm. The SC-MT9051 is Bluetooth compatible, so it displays all of the drivetrain information of its wired predecessor, the SC-M9050, but without the inconvenience of wired connections. It still enables Synchro Shift, but it now also lets you customize and fine-tune the Di2 shifting system wirelessly—once again courtesy of its Bluetooth connection.
The rapidly evolving world of electronic drivetrains can be confusing, compatibility-wise, so we'll help walk you through it. The SC-MT9051 is compatible with Shimano's BT-DN110 battery. It does also work with the SM-BTR2 battery, which is the previous Di2 battery built for the SC-M9050, but doing so negates the Bluetooth functionality and eliminates Synchro Shift. Given those limitations, we recommend only pairing it with the BT-DN110 battery.
- Gain insight into the digital workings of your Di2 drivetrain
- Wireless connection for smartphone derailleur adjustment
- Audible tone alerts of pending Synchro Shifts
- Compatible with FOX Racing Shox's electronic suspension
- For full functionality, pair with Shimano's BT-DN110 battery