Bombing down the steepest and chunkiest rock gardens on this side of the Mississippi can take divine levels of courage, and while we might not be saints ourselves, we're glad we've got pious pedals like the Shimano Saint PD-M8020 SPD's to give us a sense of godlike stability in situations that can send us soaring down the mountain. The Saint PD-M8020's combine your favorite burly downhill platform pedal with Shimano's XT SPD clipless to boost your control when you're charging off of drops that would have your grandmother saying five hail-Mary's. Unlike the XT SPD's, the Saints feature a wider contact area for keeping you planted, plus 4 adjustable pins on each side that give you added security if you can't get clipped in in time.
While the Saints may stray from the XT PD-M8020 when it comes to the platform's crafting, it has its similarities, too. Namely, the trusty SPD binding, with dual-sided entry and adjustable float. If you've used clipless pedals before the mechanism will feel familiar and sturdy, but their intuitive nature and large platform make them ideal for those looking to snag their first clipless setup as well. The design keeps up a bombproof build, and mud-shedding construction to keep you on the trail and in control through the burliest downhill descents.
- We might not be saints, but we know a godly pedal when we see one
- DH hungry pedals with MTB clipless technology
- Big platform with 4 adjustable pins add grip when unclipped
- Bombproof construction holds up to the gnariest DH laps
- Dual-sided entry for easy access on all sides
- Four-degrees of float let you pick your release point
- Equipped with 2-bolt SPD cleats for setting up your kicks
- Sealed cartridge bearings stay clean and grime-free for years of use