Why We Like The S-Phyre RC9T Cycling Shoe
Light, low profile, and stiff are three of the most critical qualities we hunt for when we're tossing on a pair of kicks for a track race or crit, and Shimano's S-Phyre RC9T Cycling Shoes are tailored exactly to those needs. They feature much of the same tech as the standard RC9, like supple Teijin Avail microfiber uppers that wrap your foot snugly and don't stretch over time, and the ultra-stiff carbon sole that scales in at a whopping 12 on Shimano's 1 to 12 stiffness scale (12 being the stiffest), but differ in a few key departments that set the shoes apart for those who prefer time trials and sprints to the liesurely Fondo. They utilize a lower profile L6 Boa that sits closer to the foot, elevating areodyanmics, and providing less bulk when you're booking it into steep, sharp corners, plus a power-boost wire guide for increasing the points of support through the foot to promise a snug fit throughout. The toe box is secured with an additional low-profile hook-and-loop strap for instep support, and masses of laser-cut perforations are placed throughout the forefoot and arch area to boost ventilation, and enable sweat to escape when the heat is on.
- Ultra-stiff kicks for dominating track, TT and crit races
- Dynalast carbon sole hits 12/12 on the stiffness index
- External heel cup offers an unrivaled snug fit
- Synthetic leather uppers are supple but don't stretch over time
- Low-profile boa and hook-and-loop strap secure in place without bulk
- Wide cleat adjustment patch lets you optimize your power zone
- Power boost wire guide helps improve snug fit throughout shoe
- Item #SHI00OP
- Upper Material
- Teijin Avail microfiber synthetic leather
- L6 boa, power-boost wire guide
- high-density cup insole, adaptable arch pads
- Dynalast carbon fiber
- Cleat Compatibility
- 3-bolt road
- Claimed Weight
- [single, size 40] 8.7oz (247g)
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
4.5 based on 3 ratings
Fits Slightly SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.