S-PHYRE R Cycling Sunglasses
The S-Phyre range embodies Shimano's passion to create the best cycling apparel possible, and now that range has extended to eyewear. Built for the most challenging conditions on and off-road, the S-PHYRE R Cycling Sunglasses feature a large one-piece lens with a rimless frame design, providing an uninterrupted field of vision and unwavering protection from wind and the elements. The Grilamid TR90 frame is strong and lightweight, and uses radius temples with a non-slip pattern for a secure and comfortable fit.
The lens is made of rigid and lightweight polycarbonate, and comes standard with a hydrophobic coating to repel water, as well as an anti-scratch treatment that Shimano claims is three times more durable than regular coatings. You have your choice between a Photochromic D Grey lens, or an Optimal PL MLC lens with 80% polarization. The Photochromic D Grey lens works well for sunny days yet remains versatile in that it adjusts the tint automatically if conditions turn overcast. The Optimal PL MLC lens is ideal for sunny conditions as well, but uses polarization to reduce glare from vehicle glass, and to make water in the road more visible. Unlike traditional polarized lenses with a 100% filter, the Optimal PL MLC lens won't obstruct your view of data on LCD screens, and there's no visual distortion as the Multi-Layer Coating (MLC) creates excellent depth perception and clarity.
- Cycling shades with a rimless frame for undisturbed field of vision
- Large shield lens with hydrophobic and scratch-resistant coatings
- Photochromic lens adjusts tint automatically to changing light
- Polarized lens reduces glare without sacrificing optical clarity
- Lightweight but extremely strong Grilamid TR90 frame
- Non-toxic, non-slip temple pads for a secure and comfortable fit
- Reversible nose pad allows fit adjustment
- Includes sturdy travel case, microfiber pouch, spare Cloud Mirror lens, and an additional XL nose pad