Why We Like The RX8 Wide Mountain Bike Shoe
Because gravel is still an emerging segment, some riders find themselves struggling with footwear choices—especially for racing. Mountain bike shoes offer great walkability, but are often too heavy and overbuilt. This leads many riders opting for lightweight road shoes with ultra-stiff soles that boost pedaling efficiency, but the lack of tread is not ideal for the inevitable hike-a-bike sections found in gravel race events and adventurous rides. Shimano addresses these problems by combining the best characteristics of their high-end road and mountain footwear into one shoe that's specifically designed for gravel racing. Lightweight and stiff, but with grippy outsoles and just enough toe flex to be comfortable to walk in, the RX8 might just be the best option out there for dedicated gravel enthusiasts. This wide version provides an alternate fit to best suit your feet.
- Featherweight shoes designed for gravel bike racing
- Carbon composite sole ensures maximum pedaling efficiency
- Wide last provides an alternate fit
- Lugged rubber outsole adds grip for hike-a-bike
- Reinforced heel cup for stability under hard pedaling
- Boa dial and toe strap make it easy to get the right fit
- Perforations in the upper let your feet breathe
- Wider cleat-to-pedal interface is optimized for XTR M9100 pedals
- Item #SHI00OO
- Upper Material
- synthetic leather, mesh
- Boa IP1
- high-density insole with adaptable arch pads
- [sole] carbon fiber composite, [outsole] abrasion-resistant TPU lugs
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
4 based on 7 ratings
Fits Slightly SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.