IC5 Cycling Shoe
Indoor training breaks a different kind of sweat from life on the road, and handling the heat of a spin class full of other bodies can be trying. Shimano aims to make it a little easier with the IC5 Cycling Shoe. The IC5 — short for Indoor Cycling — are built with ultra-breathable uppers constructed like sock mesh for improved ventilation on hard workouts. This sock mesh allows cool air to permeate inside, while sweat is actively wicked away, allowing you to stay cooler and more comfortable when your heart rate is soaring, and you're dreaming of summer miles pedaling in the outdoors. Since the shoes are built for indoors, Shimano decks out the sole with rubber along the entire length, which improves your grip on hard gym floors, while a full-length reinforced plate provides stable power transfer. The majority of pedals you'll find at spin classes utilize a two-bolt SPD cleat, so rather than the standard road 3-bolt cleat, these are equipped with multiple placement points for a 2-bolt, allowing you to easily saddle up without fussing when it's class time.
- Airy shoes that keep you cool through spin class
- Light sock mesh upper allows for total breathability
- Stiff reinforced sole provides stable power transfer
- Full-length rubber outsole offers grip on slick gym floors
- L6 Boa dial secures snugly, and is easy to open
- 2-bolt SPD cleat mount is compatible with most gym pedals