FH-MT901-BS Straight-Pull Rear Centerlock Hub
With Shimano's new XTR propelling into the realm of larger cassettes, we were eager to see what it might be available throughout the line, to those of us with slightly more conservative upgrade budgets. Fortunately the Shimano FH-MT901-BS Straight-Pull Rear Centerlock Hub was quick to answer that question, bringing a non-series hub that comes equipped with a Micro Spline freehub, allowing you to run the new XTR M9100 twelve and eleven-speed drivetrains, without braking the bank on hubs. It features straight-pull spokes for stiff control, and impressively durable, while packing in smooth-rolling characteristics that we've come to know from Shimano's offerings. It comes ready to lace up to your favorite rims with 28-holes, serviceable cup and cone bearings, and is compatible with centerlock rotors for easy set up.
With updating XTR in mind, Shimano developed an all new freehub body called Micro Spline that allowed them to move from an 11t to a 10t small cog on their cassettes while adding a 12th gear, increasing the gear range to a whopping 510% on their wide-range 12-speed cassette. And fortunately for you, the band opted to carry through with adding Micro Spline to other offerings, so it's not only reserved for those with seemingly endless upgrade budgets. The Micro Spline freehub body is made of aluminum instead of steel, saving weight while actually improving durability as the smaller and more numerous splines are designed to distribute force more evenly over a greater area, preventing the cassette from eating into the freehub body.
As we noted earlier, this hub uses cup and cone bearings that are serviceable. That's definitely something you'll want to do on occasion in order to keep them running in top shape, and to continue enjoying greater strength and better load displacement than sealed cartridge bearings.
- Upgrade your ride and save cash with these Micro Spline hubs
- Micro Spline freehub sheds grams while boosting durability
- Works with XTR M9100-series 12 and 11-speed cassettes
- Snappy engagement responds to pedal input on varying terrain
- Increased acceleration by reducing inertia and weight
- Cup and cone bearings roll smoothly and are serviceable
- Straight-pull spokes apply even, stiff tension for reliable power
- Available in 28-hole configurations, centerlock rotors only