105 BR-R7070 Flat Mount Disc Brake Caliper
Drop bar disc brakes are here to stay and if you're looking to keep the weight low and the stopping power high, have a look at the 105 BR-R7070 Flat Mount Disc Brake Caliper from Shimano. Since they are sleek and more compact than post mount versions, they're less exposed to the wind making them more aerodynamic and the ideal choice on the newer road, TT, and Tri bikes. Maybe you're buying these calipers because of damage to your existing ones, or you are upgrading to a frameset using the flat mount standard, either way, these calipers are front and rear specific and sold individually, complete with Ice Tech brake pads and will work with 140- 160mm rotors that are sold separately.
The caliper's aluminum construction is light, stiff, and strong and is compatible with Shimano's Dual Control road levers designed for hydraulic disc braking. One detail we really like is the fact that Shimano uses mineral oil for the fluid as it's better for the environment and we don't have to worry about getting it on the paint during bleeding and service.
- Flat-mount hydraulic disc calipers offering excellent braking control
- Compact integration reduces any aero drag
- Flat mount design saves weight and improves braking
- Excellent heat dispersion when paired with series' rotor
- Finned Ice Tech pads further dump heat
- Designed to integrate seamlessly with a drop bar bike's profile