With comfort and reduced pressure in mind, Selle SMP took a look at the traditional saddle and did a good deal of tweaking to land on its SMP4BIKE line, and the Stratos Saddle fits neatly in the middle of the lineup. The Stratos features Selle’s recognizable shape that aims to keep you supportive and free of extra pressure whether you’re hammering out through cobbled classics, or going on a cruise up steep canyons alike.
To achieve these pressure-relieving qualities, the Stratos is crafted with a large open channel in the center to keep your most sensitive anatomy free of pressure points, and a sloped “beak” that offers you a flat base while sitting, and a perch for those crushing climbs. The Stratos is situated between the Glider and Evolution models, and is designed to accommodate cyclists with average-width pelvises by offering an average-width profile, and moderate elastomer padding to take the sting out of rough roads.
- A sleek saddle that takes away pressure
- Center channel reduces genital pressure
- Raised saddle back enhances seating position
- Sloped beak offers a perch on strenuous climbs
- Elastomer padding soaks up road vibrations
- Medium width for average-width pelvis