The Glider, much like the rest of the saddles in SMP's lineup has a distinctive drop nose, helping relieve pressure over soft tissue regions. This design also promotes more comfort while in an aero position, since there's less pressure as you reach for the drops, letting your pelvis roll forward while maintaining a flatter back. This Glider model is built on a carbon-reinforced shell with alloy rails to balance strength, weight, and price.
The rear section is slightly elevated giving you something to push against as you dole out more watts on the climb. The wide cut out at the back helps eliminate pressure in the perineal zone, which also places your weight evenly on the sit bones so you can rack up the miles in total comfort.
The saddle is built on alloy rails for a better strength to weight ratio than heavier metals. The carbon-reinforced nylon shell offers just enough flex to help soak up road vibrations while boosting its durability. Even the elastic foam padding is designed for the long haul and resists breaking down. Finally, the cover is finished in a soft, genuine leather, adding a touch of class and long-wearing durability.
- A saddle for long-mile comfort and racing alike
- Slightly wider than the versatile Stratos model
- Inclusion of carbon rails drops grams and boosts comfort
- Dropped nose and central channel alleviate pressure
- Raised tail coaches hips into efficient pedaling position
- Light padding focuses on comfort without bounciness