Blaster Carbon Rail Saddle
Pressure-relieving cutouts are nothing new when it comes to road saddles, so Selle SMP figured that trail riders might want the comfort of its signature cutout channel too. The Selle SMP Blaster Saddle blends the company's renowned pressure-relieving design and a durable nylon/carbon composite shell for a resulting versatility to span both road and mountain applications. Not to mention, this saddle uses unidirectional carbon fiber rails for an ideal blend of impressively low weight and top-tier strength.
Like the all-rounder Stratos and Dynamic, the Blaster is best suited for cyclists with average-width pelvises, as it features a moderate profile and a fairly minimal amount of padding. At the nose, there's the characteristic "beak" shape designed to provide a flat base while sitting that minimizes pressure. Down the center, SMP's pronounced central channel further reduces pressure on the pudendal nerve and surrounding soft tissue. The back of the saddle is raised for an enhanced seated pedaling position, where body weight is divided between the rear and lower part of the ischial tuberosity region. This shape also helps reduce overall pressure on the coccyx while riding over rough surfaces.
- Durable saddle with pressure-relieving design elements
- Carbon fiber rails offer strength at an ultra-low weight
- Large center cutout reduces pressure on sensitive tissues
- Shell construction is both light and durable
- Minimal padding provides support without excess bulk
- Recommended for cyclists with average-width sit bones