Selle SMP saddles are known for their comfort and their unique shape. The Avant is no exception, featuring the trademark shaping and one of the highest levels of padding offered by Selle SMP. At 154mm in width, the Avant provides a stable saddle for your road or gravel bike and is recommended for cyclists with 34-39inch waists.
The Avant’s eagle beak design, the downturned nose, aims to provide a flat platform while pedaling seated, alleviating pressure and potential for numbness. A wide cutout reduces pressure in the center of the saddle, while the upswept back keeps us planted in the saddle rather than scooting back and forth. All of these details add up to a shape designed both for your comfort and pedaling efficiency.
In addition to the finely-tuned shaping of the saddle, the Avant’s construction leaves no detail unexamined. Ample foam elastomer padding provides comfort in a shape that won’t change overtime with use and the carbon-reinforced shell gives the saddle strength and durability without adding weight.
- A classic saddle with extra cushion for the road or trail
- Selle SMP’s signature eagle beak and center channel relieve pressure
- Upward tilt at back of saddle keeps rider planted for more efficient pedaling
- Durable uppers will stand-up to use over time
- Extra-long saddle rails allow you to fine-tune fit
- Item #SLL000T
- carbon-reinforced nylon
- [black] leather, [vintage brown] microfiber
- Seat Length
- Seat Width
- Claimed Weight
- 12.3oz (350g)
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, gravel, road cycling, triathlon
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years