Centric Plus Helmet
The Scott Centric Plus Helmet provides coverage without weighing you down. Top-end helmets like the Centric Plus separate themselves from lower tier models with more efficient ventilation systems, lower weight, and in recent years, Multi-directional Impact Protection System (MIPS). Each feature was carefully considered when Scott created the Centric Plus, and it shows.
Whether you're on a recovery coffee shop ride or toeing up to the start line of a local race, having proper ventilation in a helmet is key to comfort. Heavy front venting along the Centric Plus' body ushers air through the helmet consistently, keeping you cool and level-headed through the most sweltering rides of the year.
In terms of crashes, a traditional In-Mold shell provides initial impact protection while keeping overall weight low, and it's helped by the addition of MIPS. MIPS is a Swedish technology that refers to a thin inner basket that rotates upon impact to diffuse rotational energy generated in certain crashes. Fortunately, unless you're in a crash, you'll barely notice MIPS is there at all.
- Meet your race lid needs with this upper-tier road helmet
- MIPS liner helps diffuse certain impact forces
- In-Mold construction challenges impacts head-on
- Low weight won't drag you down on long rides
- Multiple vents keep air moving without compromising safety
- Plush X-Static padding resists odor while it cushions
- HALO fit system makes fit adjustments quick and easy