Scicon is known for making some of the best bike travel cases on the market, but recently the Italian-based company has launched a line of technical sunglasses with some pretty neat technology. The Scicon AeroTech Sunglasses are designed with road cycling, triathlon, and mountain biking in mind, and feature a premium photochromic lens developed in conjunction with Essilor Sun Solution—industry-leading experts in high quality vision equipment. Compared to the AeroComfort sunglasses, the AeroTech uses a one piece shield lens rather than a two piece lens. They are available in both standard and XL lens sizes, with this particular model being the standard option.
Made entirely in Italy, the AeroTech sunglasses use a lightweight and durable Grilamid TR90 frame that is highly resistant to breakage, chemical damage, and is completely allergy free. The frame features adjustable Flexi Fit temples that are coated in thermoplastic elastomer to ensure a secure fit on your head, as well as three different sizes of TPE double-click nose pads for a comfortable fit on your face.
What really sets the AeroTech sunglasses apart from the competition is the photochromic SCN-XT shield lens. While most cycling sunglasses use a polycarbonate lens, the SCN-XT lenses are made of NXT, which is a special polymer originally formulated for the windshields of attack helicopters. The material offers the best possible visibility in all conditions, is highly resistant to scratches and impacts, and offers 100% UV protection. As we mentioned above the lenses are photochromic, darkening their tint in bright sunlight yet going almost clear if conditions are dark or overcast. The lenses also feature a unique interchangeable fender system that allows you to attach either a sprint or regular sized fender for maximum protection in the event of a crash. The fenders are removable should you prefer a half-rim lens with an unobstructed field of view.
- High performance sunglasses for cycling, triathlon, and MTB
- SCN-XT lens is stronger and lighter than polycarbonate
- Photochromic lens automatically adjusts to changing light
- Grilamid TR90 frame is light, shatterproof, and allergy-free
- Lens fenders offer increased protection in the event of a crash
- Adjustable Flexi Fit temples for a secure fit around the head
- Double-click nose pads provide a comfortable fit on the face
- Active ventilation allows continuous airflow to prevent fogging