Magic Mary Addix Tire
Schwalbe's Magic Mary is a favorite among enduro and aggressive trail riders for it's ability to excel in a wide range of conditions, even extremely muddy terrain. Now, it's available in the greatly-anticipated 29 x 2.6in size for those of us wanting the extra traction and cushion provided by the high-volume casing.
The Magic Mary's intermediate center tread provides substantial braking traction on mixed and soft terrain while easily shedding mud and trail debris due to the open tread design. Strong shoulder knobs dig deep in loose corners and off-camber sections, providing the extra confidence needed to hold your line. The tread pattern pairs perfectly with Schwalbe's Addix Soft rubber compound that puts a strong emphasis on grip and damping but still has lower rolling resistance than their previous TrailStar compound.
This version of the Magic Mary uses Schwalbe's Apex TLE casing which puts a double layer of material in the sidewalls in addition to the SnakeSkin protective layer. This increases the stiffness of the sidewalls to reduce the chance of burping under load while also improving cut resistance from bottoming the tire on the rim. Combined with the SnakeSkin layer this tire has substantial puncture protection yet still seats easily for a hassle-free tubeless setup.
- Aggressive trail and enduro tire now available in 2.6in width
- Center tread has excellent braking traction and easily sheds mud
- Shoulder knobs dig deep in loose corners for added confidence
- Addix Soft compound has exceptional grip and damping
- Apex protection resists burping and sidewall cuts
- SnakeSkin layer adds additional sidewall protection
- Tubeless Easy takes the pain out of a tubeless setup