COMPETITIVE CYCLIST X RIDLEY “A MONUMENTAL MOMENT” TRIP CONTEST
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:01 AM MST ON FEBRUARY 8TH, 2019 AND ENDS AT 12:01 AM MST ON MARCH 10TH, 2019. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12:01 AM MST ON MARCH 10TH, 2019. Sponsor Competitive Cyclist is hosting the contest and Sponsor Ridley (“Ridley”) is providing the prize package.
1. HOW TO ENTER: To participate in the Competitive Cyclist X Ridley “A Monumental Moment” Trip Giveaway (the “Contest”), Contestants may enter the Competitive Cyclist X Ridley “A Monumental Moment” Trip Giveaway through social media comments. On your Instagram or Facebook account, comment on the post announcing the Contest and in 100 words or less, tell us why you want to see the Paris Roubaix in person.
Alternatively, contestants may enter via the form on our website located at (https://www.competitivecyclist.com/sc/paris-roubaix)
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12:01 AM MST ON MARCH 10TH, 2019. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. LIMIT: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. If additional Entries are received per person, only the earliest Entry will be deemed eligible.
2. SELECTION OF WINNER: The winner will be determined on or about March 15th, 2019 by representatives of Sponsors, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. The winner will be determined by their response to the question, “Why do you want to witness the Paris Roubaix first hand?” In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken in accordance with procedures established by Sponsor. The winner will be notified on or about March 20th, 2019 via the email address provided on his/her Entry.
3. PRIZES: There will be one grand prize awarded. The winner will receive a trip provided by Ridley for him/herself and one guest to the 2019 Paris-Roubaix bike race. The price includes: (1) hotel costs up to $520 per individual; (2) transportation and transfer services before, during and after the race up to $350 per individual; (3) actual value of flights to and from Belgium up to $1400 per individual; (4) guide services up to $1000 per individual, (5) meals and incidentals during the Paris-Roubaix bike race up to $600 per individual. Total retail value of the prize, excluding taxes: $7,740. Sponsor reserves right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery. Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners. The winners must hold a valid passport and be able to travel to and from Europe during dates/times outlined below. The Sponsors will work with the winner to arrange for airfare, transportation, lodging, and guide services, but participants must be able to travel to and from Europe from a flight originating in the United States departing by April 10th, 2019 and returning before April 16th, 2019. A lack of cooperation in this process will result in disqualification.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individual legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia who are age 18 or older, except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor and its affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies. Residents of Rhode Island may not participate in the Contest.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: The winner and selected teammate will be required to sign an affidavit/declaration of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if affidavit/declaration is not returned within 14 days after mailing to winner or if prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable or if three (3) attempts to contact entrant by email or phone are unsuccessful. Each winner agrees to use of his/her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
6. GENERAL: This Contest is void outside the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Utah. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States of America. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, incorrect or misdirected Entries, mail, email, videos or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, including but not limited to the failure of the entry submission functionality, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines or data corruption; theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Entry materials; loss or otherwise. Further, Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in any Entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to participate is prohibited and any individual who uses, attempts to use or is suspected by Sponsor (in its sole reasonable discretion) to be using unauthorized methods to register or enter will be disqualified. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and the winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received prior to such time based on the process set forth above. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judge and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor and its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activity. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and type “Competitive Cyclist X Ridley “A Monumental Moment” Trip Contest” in the subject line. Winners list will be sent after selection and verification of winners. Any requests for the list of winners must be received by March 10th, 2019.
- Backcountry.com LLC | 1678 West Redstone Center, Suite 210, Park City, UT 84098
- Ridley Bikes | Beverlosesteenweg 85, 3583 Beringen, Belgium
9. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST? Send an e-mail email@example.com and type “Competitive Cyclist X Ridley “A Monumental Moment” Trip Contest” in the subject line.
10. MARKETING EMAILS: If you “opt-in” to receiving marketing emails from the Contest Sponsors on the Gleam application, you agree to receive marketing emails from Competitive Cyclist and/or Ridley.
Backcountry.com is protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws worldwide.Competitive Cyclist and its logo are registered trademarks of Backcountry.com LLC.All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.