Though its name suggests otherwise, the Santini Mesh Men's Jersey isn't a barely there airy affair. The sleeves and back are, sure, because they're built with Santini's aptly named Net fabric in order to maximize cooling airflow and moisture evacuation on days when you can almost feel the hot tarmac melting your tires. But the front is slightly more robust, adding an element of support and wind resistance so that you're not totally exposed while walking into the coffee shop or settling into a long, winding descent.
- A summertime jersey for the hottest rides
- Santini's slim fit is conforming but not painted-on
- Lightweight sleeves and back maximize breathability
- More robust front panel supports and protects on descents
- Elastic cuffs and hem keep the cooling fabric in place
- Classic aesthetics add figurative coolness
- Three rear pockets hold gels while they warm-up under the summer sun
View more Men's Short Sleeve Road Bike Jerseys
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
Reviews & Community
- Size Bought: medium
I'm 5'10 and 146 lbs, and the medium is tight: good for racing, but it shows everything (also due to the very thin material). I found the zipper length to be just right for both riding AND walking around in public. I'm going to try the large, though.
* After ordering the large, I've decided that the zipper is - as mentioned in the other reviews - too long (by maybe 1.5"), but I'm keeping it anyway. The only issue with a long zipper is the fact that because zippers aren't very flexible, a zipper that's too long creates a weird looking "hump" below the belly button when in the riding position (the medium had the same issue, but not quite as pronounced). I've decided to live with that cosmetic imperfection, because otherwise this jersey is outstanding, and when walking around or standing, the longer front/zipper actually looks better than a shorter one. I dropped my rating down one star, though.
Way too long
- Fit: Runs large
I'm 6'6" and the medium is at least 3 inches too long in front. Bunches up when bending over even slightly.
Solid budget jersey
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
I'm always looking to get the best possible price on the best possible gear and I decided to try out this Santini Jersey, largely because it was affordable and had a ventilated back.
The jersey is of good quality, everything about it seems like it will hold up for a few seasons of 3-4 day a week riding. I was interested in the ventilated back and I can notice a difference between other less performance oriented jerseys I own.
The fit is pretty good but over all I find it a little long for a medium. I have an average build and there is just a bit too much jersey down by my waist. With the full length zip, I find that there is just a bit of bunching. Don't let that stop you, It doesn't bother me and it likely wouldn't bother you either. I wouldn't say it runs large, just a touch long.
Would you need to use and SPF cream with this jersey?
I assume you are talking about on your back - I tend to wear a baselayer under this and I don't wear sunscreen on my back. If I didn't wear the baselayer, and I was going to be down with my ride before 10am, I wouldn't wear sunscreen. But if I was going to be out into midday and the afternoon, no baselayer, I might wear sunscreen on my back. Better safe than burned.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
I originally purchased this in size Large and returned for a Medium. If you are a weekend warrior, have a few extra pounds or like a baggier fit, then purchase true to size. If you like tight fitting (more aero) feel, then purchase one size down. I normally purchase size Large in Castelli, Giordana, Capo and Santini jerseys. I am used to and like a tight (form fitting) kit and base my opinion from this. Overall I am happy with the quality for the lower end of the Santini range plus I got it 50% off and you definitely can't beat the price. I purchased "Royal" and the color is as shown in the photos above.