Every year, the Giro awards the Cima Coppi to the first cyclist to summit each edition's tallest peak. While the Cima Coppi changes from year to year, no climb is as iconic as the Stelvio. It's the highest point the Giro ever reaches, it's the first Cima Coppi, and—by dint of being the highest point in the 2017 edition—it's also the current. Santini celebrates the historic prize and its peerless namesake with the Cima Coppi Bib Shorts, which are themselves designed to soldier on through laborious, grueling climbing at speeds that the Italians gracefully euphemize as piano.
Unless you climb like Contador on the Mortirolo in 2015, long periods of climbing typically involve long periods in the saddle. Santini's inclusion of the GITevo chamois helps to alleviate the punishment those climbs would otherwise inflict on your most sensitive areas. The chamois presents a soft, anti-odor surface to your skin, and a combination of Twist Gel inserts and multi-density foam padding help to minimize discomfort and moisture accumulation where you least want to experience them.
The shorts' body is a classically Italian material: lightweight, high-stretch Lycra with a body-contoured cut and the light sheen that privileges tradition over the current matte-finish trend. This material is bookended by impossibly light mesh bib straps and raw-cut leg bands that lie flat and stay in place courtesy of silicone grip.
- Commemorative bibs to celebrate the Giro's loftiest prize
- Classic Italian Lycra privileges stretch and moisture management
- Impossibly light mesh bib straps are a climber's best friends
- Lie-flat leg bands reduce transitional ridges
- Silicone grip maintains fit throughout a multi-col day
- Santini sticks to its Italian heritage by celebrating all things Coppi
View more Men's Bib Shorts
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.