Kit creep is a real thing. It starts benignly—a thermal jersey, a second pair of more insulated booties—but it can eventually take over an entire dresser, closet, or bedroom floor. There are some essential pieces, though, and even the most clutter-conscious cyclist can't do without something like Santini's Cape Town Men's Wind Vest. On early spring days when every pedal stroke is countered by gusts of wind, the Cape Town vest at least takes the injury of a chilled core out of the insult of wasted watts. The inclusion of three rear pockets is an uncommon touch for wind vests, and it provides quick access to gloves, warmers, or gels in order to ensure that you're able to keep wasting watts for dozens of miles.
- A classic wind vest for gusty base mile rides
- Protects your core when wind is your main opponent
- Light on insulation to protect on spring and fall days
- Three rear pockets stow additional cold-weather kit
- Full-length zip lets you cool off on climbs but quickly zip-up for the descent
View more Men's Vests
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.