Hightower Carbon C S Mountain Bike
Why We Like The Hightower Carbon C S Mountain Bike
Built to take trail-taming abilities to new heights, the Hightower Carbon C S Mountain Bike defies the limitations of mid-travel bikes by being an uncompromising trail bike. With a revised iteration of VPP that features a fresh suspension curve, its 145mm of rear wheel travel lets us push our pace and line choice on the downhills yet still remains supportive for big climbs. 29in wheels let us roll right over tricky rock features, and a 64.5-degree head tube angle (low position, 150mm fork) provides unwavering stability whether we’re nuking flow down trails or treacherous steeps. It’s a truly impressive climber as well with a 76.4-degree seat tube angle (low position, size large) that keeps us spinning happily even on high-mileage routes. Our favorite part about the third generation Hightower has to be the Glovebox integrated frame storage because it lets us stow the included Tool Wallet and Tube Purse right in our bike, along with an extra layer or snack.
This Carbon C S Build is positioned as a workhorse option from Santa Cruz, starting with a tried-and-trusted GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain from SRAM that’s known to keep us shifting with minimal maintenance for years. Trusty Race Face AR Offset 30 wheels have impressed us with their durability, and the Fox 36 Float Performance fork delivers 150mm of confidence-inspiring travel. Four-piston Code R brakes deliver a solid amount of stopping power for a mid-tier build like this one, and grippy Maxxis rubber with EXO casing finds the sweet spot between weight and puncture protection.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- 29er trail bike boasts a mid-tier build with excellent value
- 145mm of VPP travel lets us descend aggressively and climb hard
- Fox 36 Float Performance fork with 150mm of forgiving travel
- Carbon C frame is slightly heavier than Carbon CC but costs less
- SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain delivers crisp shifting
- Race Face AR Offset 30 aluminum wheels are lightweight and durable
- Glovebox integrated frame storage quietly stashes tools
- Adjustable frame geo lets you fine-tune for your trails or riding style
- Item #SNZK1HG