Why We Like The Santa Cruz Highball Carbon CC X01 Eagle AXS Reserve Mountain Bike
This Highball is Santa Cruz's top-of-the-line hardtail for cross-country riding and racing. It comes outfitted with some of the best components on the market such as SRAM's XO1 AXS wireless shifting and a set of Reserve carbon wheels. The frame uses Santa Cruz's lightest CC carbon layup, giving us a wicked fast bike that's also quite comfortable to ride thanks to a smaller diameter 27.2mm seatpost and bridgeless seatstays that work together to provide a bit of compliance on rough trails.
Santa Cruz is known for pushing the envelope with their engineering and design process, and this third-generation Highball is no different. With this X01 AXS build kit, the complete bike weighs just over 21 pounds, meaning there are no upgrades needed before we can line up on race day and snatch a podium finish. The 12-speed SRAM X01 Eagle AXS drivetrain takes care of shifting duties, while a set of 29-inch Reserve 28 XC wheels help us roll up and over any obstacle we come across on the course. And when the descent gets technical, a RockShox Reverb AXS XPLR dropper post gets our saddle out of the way so we have full freedom to move around the bike. Race ready right out of the box, the Santa Cruz Highball Carbon CC X01 Eagle AXS Reserve Mountain Bike is ready to go full gas and finish atop the podium.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Race-ready cross-country hardtail with top-end parts kit
- Bridgeless seatstays and 27.2mm seatpost dampen trail vibration
- CC carbon frame is the lightest, most advanced carbon layup
- Electronic SRAM X01 drivetrain is lightning-fast and reliable
- SID SL fork with remote lockout eliminates fumbling for dials
- Carbon Reserve 28 XC are lightweight, stiff, and durable
- Threaded bottom bracket gives us creak-free reliability
- Three water bottle mounts ensure we can carry ample hydration
- Item #SNZK1JF