Why We Like The Heckler Carbon CC R Mountain Bike
Whether you're looking to get more mileage out of your post-work rides, or explore previously inaccessible mountain terrain, the all-new Heckler e-MTB opens up a whole new style of riding for those willing to embrace it. Using the Bronson as a starting point, Santa Cruz gives the bike 150mm of VPP rear travel, a 160mm travel fork, progressive geometry, and a SRAM Eagle drivetrain with a wide range that helps you conquer the toughest climbs without running out of gears on fast descents. This isn't some sluggish e-bike, it's an aggressive trail bike that pairs Santa Cruz's renowned carbon chassis with Shimano's proven electric drive system to help you ride further and faster.
With the Heckler, Santa Cruz wanted to make a bike that was light and agile, something that mimicked the feel of the Bronson as closely as possible. By using the same CC Carbon construction as their high-end mountain bikes and pairing it with a 504wh integrated battery they were able to keep the weight at about 46 pounds, putting the Heckler right up there with the lightest e-MTBs in its class. 27.5in wheels keep things playful and maneuverable, while the 65.5-degree head angle brings confidence and stability when the trail gets rough. The lower-link VPP suspension balances plush bump-absorption with efficient pedaling performance, and is tuned with lower anti-squat than Santa Cruz's regular pedal bikes for a more active feel that enhances traction when you're grunting up a technical climb. When it comes time to go down, the suspension has the mid-stroke and bottom-out support needed to tackle repeated high-speed impacts along with bigger jumps and drops.
- All-mountain capability meets pedal-assist with the Heckler
- 150mm VPP suspension paired with a 160mm travel fork
- 27.5in wheels deliver sharp, nimble handling
- 65.5-degree head angle lends stability on the downs
- Shimano drive unit offers pedal assist on the climbs
- Carbon CC frame is strong and lightweight
- Integrated battery keeps the frame looking sleek
- SRAM Eagle drivetrain and e-specific build kit are ready for any trail