Why We Like The Santa Cruz Chameleon 29 Mountain Bike Frame
The Chameleon has become one of Santa Cruz's longest-running and most beloved models in a large part because of its fun-oriented, no-nonsense design. Originally conceived as a heavy-duty trail bike that could handle more demanding trails than your average hardtail, the Chameleon has adapted to modern trends but retains 100% of its trademark utility.
The Chameleon has an uncanny ability to adapt to the types of trails at hand. The 65-degree head tube angle provides a very modern, capable feeling that can even take on some steeps, while the unparalleled support of its hardtail design lets us spin for miles on end with minimal fatigue. We consider this aluminum, 29in Chameleon frame to be an excellent starting point for building up an efficiency-focused trail bike to accompany a full-suspension rig in a quiver, or as a quiver of one for taking on cross-country trails and local loops.
- Hardtail frame is a modernized trail weapon
- 29in wheel compatibility ensures excellent rollover capabilities
- Aluminum construction is compliant and reliably durable
- Dual water bottle mounts for cages and accessories
- Internal cable routing ensures a clean profile
- Post-mount brake type is compatible with hydraulic disc brakes
- Boost rear wheel spacing provides excellent torsional stiffness
- ISCG-05 mount accepts chain guides and bash guards
- Item #SNZK1J4
- Frame Material
- Wheel Size
- Fork Travel
- [recomended] 130 - 140mm
- Head Tube Diameter
- 1 1/8 - 1 1/2in tapered
- Headset Included
- no, uses IS41/28.6 IS52/40
- Bottom Bracket Type
- 73mm threaded
- ISCG Tabs
- Cable Routing
- Brake Type
- post-mount disc, 180mm
- Seatpost Diameter
- Seat Collar
- Rear Axle
- 12 x 148mm Boost
- Tire Clearance
- 29 x 2.6in, 27.5 x 2.8in
- chainstay protector
- trail, cross-country
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help