Why We Like The Santa Cruz Chameleon 29 Mountain Bike Frame
The Chameleon has become one of Santa Cruz's longest-running and most beloved models in a large part because of its fun-oriented, no-nonsense design. Originally conceived as a heavy-duty trail bike that could handle more demanding trails than your average hardtail, the Chameleon has adapted to modern trends but retains 100% of its trademark utility.
The Chameleon has an uncanny ability to adapt to the types of trails at hand. The 65-degree head tube angle provides a very modern, capable feeling that can even take on some steeps, while the unparalleled support of its hardtail design lets us spin for miles on end with minimal fatigue. We consider this aluminum, 29in Chameleon frame to be an excellent starting point for building up an efficiency-focused trail bike to accompany a full-suspension rig in a quiver, or as a quiver of one for taking on cross-country trails and local loops.
- Hardtail frame is a modernized trail weapon
- 29in wheel compatibility ensures excellent rollover capabilities
- Aluminum construction is compliant and reliably durable
- Dual water bottle mounts for cages and accessories
- Internal cable routing ensures a clean profile
- Post-mount brake type is compatible with hydraulic disc brakes
- Boost rear wheel spacing provides excellent torsional stiffness
- ISCG-05 mount accepts chain guides and bash guards
- Item #SNZK1J4