Why We Like The Bronson Carbon XT Reserve Mountain Bike
While the industry continues to debate between 29 and 27.5-inch wheels, some of us choose to reap the best qualities of both wheel sizes with the Santa Cruz Bronson. A big wheel up front keeps us rolling swiftly through rock gardens, steep chutes, and drops, while the smaller wheel out back lets us corner on a dime and make split-second line changes or pull impromptu manuals and wheelies. This particular bike is kitted out with XT 12-speed componentry and Santa Cruz's esteemed Reserve carbon wheels, so there's no need to upgrade before we're hitting the trails and taking the top spot at our local enduro series.
The fourth-generation Bronson has a frame that’s purpose-built to work around a 27.5in and 29in wheel combo, offering a better ride than scrappy mullet conversions that can have undesirable effects on the bike’s geometry and handling. The revised design brings the mixed wheel size into the park and enduro lineup, giving riders a bike that's nimble in the corners but rolls over the chunder all day long. The bike maintains the same 150mm of VPP rear travel as the previous generation, but the suspension has lower anti-squat values to help enhance the bike’s traction and overall smoothness.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mixed-wheel trail bike gives us supreme handling
- 29er up front rolls over obstacles with ease
- 27.5 rear wheel preserves the bike's playful handling
- 150mm of VPP rear travel paired with a 160mm Fox 36 fork
- Updated VPP suspension kinematics offer greater traction
- Included flip-chip lets us alter geometry to suit the trails
- Carbon C frame offers excellent stiffness and durability
- Equipped with an XT drivetrain and lifetime-guaranteed Reserve wheels
- Item #SNZK1DO