Why We Like The Santa Cruz Blur Carbon XT Reserve Mountain Bike
Built with speed at its core, the Blur Carbon XT Reserve Mountain Bike provides a race-ready platform for cross-country riding. This XC version of the Blur boasts 100mm of travel front and rear, with a RockShox Sid SL Select+ fork that features a remote lockout for complete control of efficiency. The Superlight rear linkage supplies just enough suspension travel to soften the blow on rock rolls and provide extra traction on steep, technical climbs. Efficiency and maneuverability are the emphasis points for the Blur, however, with a 68.3-degree head tube angle that picks apart steep switchbacks and supplies an aggressive pedaling position.
This Carbon XT build kicks things off with the Carbon C frame construction from Santa Cruz, which is slightly heavier than the top-tier Carbon CC but supplies excellent damping characteristics and stiffness at a great value. Shimano's XT 12-speed drivetrain provides reliable shifting characteristics and an impressive 10-51t gear range, while XT 2-piston brakes provide ample stopping power. The SidLuxe Select+ shock is lightweight with a wide range of adjustments, and Reserve 28 XC carbon wheels deliver zippy acceleration, bomber durability, and a stiff, reactive feel.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- XC race bike ready for technical courses and high-mileage training
- 100mm of Superlight travel scoots up techy climbs and holds traction
- RockShox Sid SL Select+ fork has 100mm of travel and remote lockout
- Shimano XT 12-speed drivetrain offers crisp shifting and wide range
- Carbon C frame is lightweight with industry-leading durability
- RockShox SidLuxe Select+ shock provides race-day adjustability
- Shimano XT 8100 brakes deliver instant braking bite
- Reserve carbon 28 XC wheels are lightweight and accelerate quickly
- Item #SNZK1DE