Why We Like The Santa Cruz Blur Carbon C R Trail Mountain Bike
The Blur TR Mountain bike fits into the Santa Cruz line as the latest cross-country race bike and offers a meticulous feature set and updated ride feel for modern XC tracks that seem to just get gnarlier and gnarlier. The Blur comes in two different suspension and geometry configurations, with this TR version boasting slacker angles, and added suspension travel with 115mm in the rear and 120mm up front. Santa Cruz still utilizes the same ultra-lightweight construction in the TR to ensure its firmly positioned in the XC race bike category, only with a slightly more capable ride feel for burly courses.
This Carbon R build features the less expensive Carbon C frame construction that’s a slight bit heavier than its CC counterpart, with a SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain for consistent shifting. We categorize this build as the perfect entry-level option for getting into the local XC race scene. We especially appreciate that this build still gets race-ready features like dual water bottle mounts and an integrated chain guide to ensure we never drop our chain between the tape.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Short travel 29er boasts a modernized suspension and geo design
- Superlight rear linkage supplies a zippy pedaling feel
- 115mm of rear travel offers sticky rear wheel traction on tricky terrain
- Fox Performance Float DPS shock is lightweight and adjustable
- RockShox SID RL fork boasts 120mm of gushy front travel for rock rolls
- RaceFace AR Offset wheels are durable and supply compliant traction
- SDG Tellis dropper lets you contour around the frame on downhills
- Grippy Maxxis rubber finds the balance between lightness and durability
- Item #SNZK1IO