Why We Like The Santa Cruz Blur Carbon C GX Eagle AXS Reserve Mountain Bike
Whether we're toeing the line at our next cross-country race or heading out on a singletrack adventure with our buddies, the Santa Cruz Blur is ready for all out speed. The engineers at Santa Cruz created the most efficient rear suspension possible in the Superlight design with 100mm of travel to maximize rear wheel traction on the climbs without sacrificing any power transfer from the pedals. The aggressive geometry centers us over the pedals for a super-powerful climbing position while a 68.3-degree headtube angle ensures the bike handles with knife-like precision.
This iteration of the Blur utilizes the reliable SRAM GX Eagle AXS 12-speed electronic drivetrain for its lightning-fast shifting and wide gear range. An ultra-light combination of RockShox SID SL Select+ fork and the SIDLuxe Select+ shock take care of suspension duties and come stock with a remote lockout ensuring we can spend more time focusing on the course ahead and less time fumbling for lockout knobs. Lightweight 29-inch Reserve 28|XC carbon rims are laced to quick-engaging Industry Nine 1/1 hubs to keep us rolling up and over obstacles with ease, while a pair of SRAM Level TL brakes help us modulate our speed with precision on the increasingly gnarly XC courses we've started seeing. Clocking in at just over 25 pounds, the Santa Cruz Blur Carbon C GX Eagle AXS Reserve Mountain Bike is race-ready right out of the box and built for flat-out speed.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Ultra-light cross-country race bike built for all-out speed
- 100mm of Superlight rear travel allows for efficient pedaling
- RockShox suspension is supportive, plush, and lightweight
- GX Eagle AXS drivetrain offers speedy shifting in any conditions
- Responsive Reserve 28|XC wheels stand up to the abuse of racing
- Dual suspension lockout levers maximize pedaling efficiency
- Room for two water bottle cages keeps hydration close by
- Maxxis tires offer excellent traction and low rolling resistance
- Item #SNZK1IL