Why We Like The 5010 Carbon XT Mountain Bike
When the whole industry is raving about 29ers, it's easy to forget that some of our best rides are on shorter travel 27.5in bikes. Touted by many riders as the "fun wheel size," 27.5in wheels have a playfulness and agility to them that 29ers simply can't match, and the all-new Santa Cruz 5010 brings out these qualities in full. Bonus lines and trailside jibs are highly encouraged, and the bike practically begs to go airborne. At the same time, the new lower-link VPP suspension layout and slacked-out geometry give you the confidence to send bigger lines, while the steep seat tube angle and efficient pedaling platform are eager to tackle all-day sufferfests.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Spin, shred, and find transition on this short-travel trail rig
- Progressive geo with slacker head tube and longer reach
- Steep 77-degree seat tube for comfortable pedaling
- Chainstay length varies with frame size for optimal handling
- Lower-link VPP suspension has a smoother, more predictable feel
- Carbon C frame offers legendary strength and stiffness
- Universal derailleur hanger makes it easier to find replacements
- Included flip-chip for tunable geometry changes