5010 Carbon C S Mountain Bike
Why We Like The Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon C S Mountain Bike
Treading the line between efficient, capable, and downright fun, the 5010 Carbon C S Mountain Bike is the mid-travel trail bike that just about anyone can get along with. We love it for its mixed-wheel design, which provides the rollover capabilities of a 29in front wheel with the intuitive cornering and jumping characteristics of a 27.5in rear wheel. 130mm of travel is driven by a lower-link VPP design, with a tweaked anti-squat and shock tune that helps the bike produce a little bit more traction without sacrificing efficiency. One of our favorite features is the Glovebox in-frame storage solution that lets us keep the included Tool Wallet, and Tube Purse right in the frame along with a spare layer or snack. The head tube angle sits at a balanced 64.9-degrees (low position) which provides added stability to match modern trends without going over the top, retaining the perfect amount of reactivity.
This workhorse build begins with the Carbon C frame construction from Santa Cruz which is marginally heavier than its Carbon CC counterpart, yet just as stiff and impressively lightweight. Another highlight is the AR Offset 30 alloy wheels from Race Face which are compliant to absorb trail chatter and are super durable. Grippy Minion DHR II tires from Maxxis hook up predictably in corners and are impressively lightweight thanks to the EXO casing. We characterize this build as a mid-tier option for a rider who is upgrading to their first carbon steed, or for a seasoned pro who wants to add a bike to their quiver without breaking the bank.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mid-travel trail bike with mixed wheels ramps up the fun factor
- 130mm of rear wheel travel is versatile for pedal days or jump trails
- RockShox Pike Select+ fork with 140mm travel soaks up trail chatter
- 27.5in rear wheel is nimble for roosting corners and styling jumps
- 29in front wheel comfortably rolls over tricky rock and root features
- Flip-chips let you tweak the bike’s geo to match your riding style
- GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain delivers reliable shifting characteristics
- Size-specific chainstays ensure a consistent ride quality across sizes
- Item #SNZK1JS