Item # SNZ00F9
Find your size
Note: Actual inseam is not the same as pant inseam.How to measure
Santa Cruz Bicycles 5010 2.1 Carbon CC Mountain Bike Frame - 2018 $2,999.00
Your Dream Bike Starts Here
Consider Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon CC frame the foundation for a nimble and responsive dream ride. Equally capable of taking on all-day epic rides and squeezing out seconds on your favorite sections of trail, the 5010 is all about showcasing its rider's strengths, so it's only fitting that you'd want to build it in a fashion that displays your personality as well.
The 5010’s subtle inclination towards a wilder style of riding befits its lineage. It’s a direct descendent of the Blur 4X, a groundbreaking machine that was essentially a dual slalom bike that could happily be pedaled on day-long rides. The family resemblance is crystal clear, as the 5010’s combination of comfortable cockpit position and slalom-inspired cornering make it a truly rewarding ride for riders of nearly any skill level.
With 5in of VPP suspension, the 5010 has enough suspension on tap to make the most of technical trails, without dulling the ability for the rider to push it to the edge. As with all VPP bikes, the 5010’s counter-rotating links are carefully arranged to resist activation by pedaling forces, all but eliminating unwanted bobbing under power. This being the latest iteration of VPP, it’s tuned to provide more midstroke support than previous generations of the VPP platform, giving the rider a better feel for the terrain, and a livelier ride feel.
Of course, the poised cornering and playful attitude that have come to define the 5010 are largely due to its highly refined geometry. The 67-degree head angle remains stable at speed, while still being quick to initiate a change of direction. At 16.7 inches, the 5010 has shorter chainstays than any of Santa Cruz’s other trail bikes, which further enhances its willingness to rail berms and dive into off camber corners. At 13.1 inches, its bottom bracket is just high enough to avoid excessive pedal strikes, while remaining settled in situations where aggressive lean angles are required. It’s a setup that forgoes the longer-is-better line of thinking in favor of a machine that’s quick and responsive. And that handling has made it a favorite both of dedicated trail riders, and Santa Cruz pros pushing the physical limits.
The 5010 is built using Santa Cruz’s top tier CC carbon fiber construction. By using some of the finest, and strongest, raw materials available, Santa Cruz is able to make its CC level frames extremely lightweight, while maintaining outstanding impact resistance, exceptional stiffness, and just the right amount of finely tuned flex to cancel out trail chatter. Of course, balancing these factors requires true mastery of carbon fiber, and the design team at Santa Cruz has proven time and time again that their command of carbon fiber construction is unsurpassed in the bike industry. The result is a frame that will hold up to years of hard riding, will provide a comfortable ride, and will do so at a very competitive weight.
- Quick and nimble 27.5 trail bike for those wanting a lively ride
- 5in of highly efficient VPP suspension
- 74-degree seat tube angle optimizes pedaling efficiency
- Longer reach shifts weight forward for better traction
- Carbon CC frame saves weight without sacrificing strength
- Lifetime warranty provides peace of mind
View more All-Mountain & Trail
Effective Top Tube
Head Tube Angle
Seat Tube Angle
Bottom Bracket Height
Reviews & Community
5010 Be Nimble, 5010 Be Quick!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I'm 5'11" and 175lbs. I rode a large and it was spot on for sizing. I rode on mostly flow trails with some chunky bits and jumps.
What I liked about the bike:
- I had a Santa Cruz Blur LT (v2) back in the day that I absolutely loved and the 5010 2.0 reminds me of an upgraded & new version of it. This brings back nostalgic, awesome memories on a similar handling bike.
- I'm a fan of the geometry of this bike; its fast and snappy, but I wouldn't be nervous taking it on more technical descents either. Its slack enough with the 67 degree headtube angle and its 5" of travel can get you through most rowdy stuff. I'd also be pretty happy pulling a full day ride in - this is like the Bronson's little brother that can also pack a punch.
- Pedal all day on this bad boy. Its pretty much the only thing it won't be able to do for you! The VPP3 suspension is efficient and I left the rear shock open when pedaling.
What I didn't like about this bike:
- Not much that I didn't like. My riding style might get myself into some more technical terrain regularly, so might throw on a 140mm fork, but other than that there isn't much to change, but let me know and we can get it exactly to what your dream build is!
If you spend most days rippin' singletrack and are about pedaling (as opposed to shuttle days, etc) and like an aggressive, nimble bike, look no further. Overall just a fun trail bike! Let me know if you have any questions or would like help doing a custom build, reach me at 801.204.4547 or firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll get you dialed!