Alpinist CLX Disc Brake Wheel
Once you’ve spent enough time in the saddle, carving switchback after switchback higher into the sky, you gain an inherent understanding about your gear-ecosystem, knowing whether this is as good as it gets, or if there are still more personal records and victories to chase. Roval pushes boundaries and propels you to new performances, and if you’re a mountain goat, the Alpinist CLX clincher wheelset is your climber-focused, work of art that knows how to boogie up the slopes.
Roval builds the Alpinist CLX as a complete system to shave critical grams and get the most strength out of every part. To reach the astonishing low-weight of 1284 grams for the set, Roval utilizes a precise carbon layup to optimize climbing efficiency. Wide bracing-angle AeroFlange hubs — that go through aerodynamic machining themselves — are laced with DT Swiss Aerolite T-head spokes to save weight while increasing strength and performance that are critical to hill-accelerations and momentum conservation. With such precision engineering built into a climb-specific wheel, you can still train for that perfect ascent.
- Performance-first, climber’s wheel for critical racing goals
- Whole-wheel ecosystem achieves optimal weight and strength
- Exceptional handling and aerodynamically shaped
- Wide bracing angles allow for reduced weight at rear wheel
- New DT Swiss EXP freehub increases performance standards