RockShox SID World Cup Solo Air 100 Boost Fork with Remote (51mm Offset) - 29/27.5+ $1,225.00
With wagon-wheel offset, four-inches of Solo Air travel, a remote damper switch, and a generous dose of carbon fiber, the RockShox SID World Cup Solo Air 100 Boost Fork with a Remote and 51mm Offset is the XC weapon of choice for 29in or 27.5+ riders looking for every advantage over the competition. The fork's defining element is its myopia; it's focused on nothing but speed through features like the pedal-proof, XC-tuned Charger Damper and the reduced grams of knocked-out dropouts and a carbon fiber steerer.
The Charger Damper rewards hammering but doesn't entail a pedaling penalty while transitioning from downhill to climbing, and the dual-chamber air shock eliminates coil springs altogether, enhancing the fork's XC pedigree by making it, in RockShox's estimation, "the lightest weight air spring on the market." Though it's dual air, it only requires one Schrader valve, so air pumps into both chambers simultaneously to maintain balance. The 51mm of offset further encourage balance by reducing the tendency for 29in hoops to wander on climbs, and a redesigned oil circuit ups mid-stroke support and keeps the fork riding high and eager across successive bumps.
- A cross-country fork with speed on its mind
- Offset axle tightens-up 29er steering
- Carbon fiber steerer and knocked-out dropouts shed grams
- Damper recovers fast without sacrificing climbing
- Dual-chamber spring maintains equilibrium with single valve
- OneLoc remote mounts anywhere on handlebar
- Boost axle and Torque Caps for a stiffer wheel interface
- Customize ramp-up with Bottomless Tokens