SID Ultimate OneLoc 29in Boost Fork
Whether you're a weekend warrior or a dedicated full-time racer, the SID Ultimate delivers all the characteristics you'd expect from an elite cross-country fork. A lightweight yet stiff chassis, lively and supple suspension performance thanks to the DebonAir spring, and quick on-the-fly adjustments provided by the OneLoc handlebar remote. The newest version sees a few updates that reduce friction, keeping things running smooth whether you're hammering out some short track sprints, or testing your endurance at a 24-hour race.
The SID Ultimate comes in just below the top-tier SID Ultimate Carbon in RockShox' cross country lineup. The internals are the same, it just lacks the carbon crown and steer tube that saves a few grams of weight. Updates start with the newly engineered Maxima Plush oil that reduces friction and improves smoothness in the stroke over previously used oils. This translates to improved lubrication on the seals that are all new themselves, moving to a lower-friction design that's inspired the the motocross industry. This new oil partners up with a new type of grease in the air chamber that's designed for longer lifetime and better wear than the grease used in years past. And in case you were getting jealous of the new colorways spotted in the Lyrik and Pike, RockShox ups the style points in the new SID Ultimate with a signature Blue color that looks bold and fast when you're mashing down flowy ribbons of desert singletrack.
The SID continues to use the Charger 2 damper we saw last year. While the other forks in RockShox's lineup see a change to the new Charger 2.1, RockShox engineers determined that the traditional Charger 2 performs better than the new damper in cross-country applications. This means a firmer climb and lockout setting, letting you power up punchy steep sections without losing a watt of the power you're putting down. It still uses the highly-tunable DebonAir spring for consistent feel throughout the travel, along with adjustable compression and rebound settings.
- RockShox's elite XC racing fork gets a few updates
- New Maxima Plush oil reduces friction, silences damper noise
- New seals for better small-bump compliance and reduced friction
- Air chamber uses new grease that's just as smooth, lasts longer
- New SID blue color with foil graphics adds sharp-looking style
- Charger 2 damper offers consistent and reliable XC performance
- Highly-tunable DebonAir spring for consistent feel through travel
- OneLoc handlebar remote lets you lockout travel on-the-fly
- 100-and-120mm options with 51-or-42mm offset to compliment your bike's geometry