SID Ultimate Carbon OneLoc 29in Boost Fork
Built with nothing but speed in mind, the Sid Ultimate Carbon is RockShox' flagship cross-country fork for riders that want zero compromises come race day. It's constructed using a carbon fiber crown and steer tube to save grams without sacrificing stiffness or control, and features a DebonAir spring paired with the Charger 2 damper for lively and supple suspension performance. It's also equipped with a OneLoc handlebar remote that lets you switch between open and lockout modes on-the-fly, preventing any unwanted compression from robbing your power on tough climbs. The newest version sees a few updates that reduce the fork's overall friction levels, keeping things running smooth whether you're hammering out some short track sprints, or testing your endurance at a 24-hour event.
Fork updates start with the newly engineered Maxima Plush oil that reduces friction and improves smoothness in the stroke over previously used oils. This translates to improved lubrication on the seals that are all new themselves, moving to a lower-friction design that's inspired by the motocross industry. This new oil partners up with a new type of grease in the air chamber that's designed for longer lifetime and better wear than the grease used in years past. And in case you were getting jealous of the new colorways spotted in the Lyrik and Pike, RockShox ups the style points in the new SID Ultimate with a striking Blue color that looks bold and fast when you're pedaling at full speed across flowy ribbons of desert singletrack.
The SID continues to use the Charger 2 damper we saw last year. While the other forks in RockShox's lineup see a change to the new Charger 2.1, RockShox engineers determined that the traditional Charger 2 performs better than the new damper in cross-country applications. This means a firmer climb and lockout setting, letting you power up punchy steep sections without losing a watt of the power you're putting down. It still uses the highly-tunable DebonAir spring for consistent feel throughout the travel, along with adjustable compression and rebound settings.
- RockShox' top-tier XC fork for discerning riders and racers
- Carbon crown and steerer shed weight without losing stiffness
- New Maxima Plush oil reduces friction, silences damper noise
- New seals for better small-bump compliance and reduced friction
- Air chamber uses new grease that's just as smooth, lasts longer
- New SID blue color with foil graphics adds sharp-looking style
- Charger 2 damper offers consistent and reliable XC performance
- DebonAir spring is plush off the top with a supportive mid-stroke
- OneLoc handlebar remote lets you lockout travel on-the-fly