Pike Ultimate 27.5in Boost Fork
The Pike Ultimate is Rockshox' flagship offering—the creme de la creme in the trail bike category. Updates for this generation start with a more slippery Maxima oil that does a better job lubricating the seals. The seals themselves are also new, moving to lower-friction design inspired by the motocross industry. Rockshox also went with a new type of grease in the air chamber that lasts much longer than what was previously used.
The current Pike Ultimate uses the Charger 2.1 damper. For Charger 2.1, Rockshox tweaked the high-speed compression damping to reduce harshness, and also changed the low-speed compression settings to make them much more usable—meaning you can run the highest amount of compression and still have a supple fork. The rebound circuit has been updated, allowing the fork to ride higher in its travel across chattery braking bumps. The oil flow path is also revised, providing more consistent recovery during repeated hits, thus helping the front wheel to track better though chunky terrain.
The Pike Ultimate is available in 130mm, 140mm, and 150mm travel options, and comes in both 46mm and 37mm offsets so you can have the perfect match for your particular frame geometry.
- Rockshox' flagship fork rides smoother than ever
- Charger 2.1 damper reduces stiction and harshness
- Updated rebound circuit lets the fork ride higher in its travel
- Oil flow path provides better recovery and improved traction
- Motocross-inspired seal design reduces friction
- Maxima oil bath keeps the seals nice and slippery
- Air chamber grease last longer than previous generations
- Eye-catching gloss silver and gloss black colorways