Lyrik Ultimate 27.5in Boost Fork
The Lyric Ultimate represents the cream of the crop in RockShox enduro fork offerings. It features subtle changes that don't look like much on paper, but create a noticeably different ride-feel, offering the best in show when it comes to off-the-top sensitivity and mid-stroke support—terms that are thrown around left and right in the suspension world, but we're confident in the ride improvements that truly do stand up, and shine against the competition. The fork uses an updated Charger 2.1 damper, paired with the DebonAir spring that you found in previous models to offer a smoother than ever ride, that spends more time higher in its travel for better handling in chunky terrain and lofty hits.
The Lyrik's most recent updates start with the newly engineered Maxima Plush oil that reduces friction and improves smoothness in the stroke over previously used oils, improving seal lubrication. The seals themselves are also new, moving to a lower-friction design that's inspired by the motocross industry. RockShox also went with a new type of grease in the air chamber that lasts longer and wears better than the grease in years passed.
RockShox made the largest changes on the Lyrik in the damper. Now dubbed the Charger 2.1, the damper features tweaks to its high-speed compression damping to reduce harshness, and altered the low-speed compression settings to make them much more usable—meaning you can run the highest amount of compression and still feel the benefits of a supple fork. The rebound circuit has been updated, allowing the fork to ride higher in its travel when you're rolling across brake bumps and chattery rock sections. The damper also received a new wear band around the main piston, which is designed to stop oil flowing around the piston to increase rebound damping control when traveling at low shaft speeds, which translates to improved traction.
- Conquer steep lines with RockShox' flagship enduro fork
- New Charger 2.1 damper reduces harshness and stiction
- Oil flow path improves recovery and traction on the trail
- Improved seal design is inspired by motocross to reduce friction
- New rebound circuit lets fork ride higher in its travel
- Maxima Plush oil bath keeps thinks moving slick and smoothly
- Air chamber grease lasts longer than previous generations
- Item #RSXB04N
- 150mm, 160mm, 170mm, 180mm
- Stanchion Material
- Fast Black-coated aluminum
- Lower Material
- Crown Material
- forged, hollow 7050 aluminum
- Wheel Size
- Steer Tube Diameter
- 1-1/8 - 1-1/2in tapered
- Stanchion Diameter
- 37mm, 46mm
- Spring Type
- Charger 2.1 RC2
- high-speed compression, low-speed compression, rebound
- 15 x 110mm Boost
- Brake Compatibility
- post-mount disc
- Rotor Compatibility
- 180 - 203mm
- 1 mud guard, 1 star nit, 4 zip ties, 2 volume spacers
- Claimed Weight
- [150mm, 46mm offset] 4lb 8oz (2050g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help