An unsung hero of the modern mountain bike is the lowly fork seal. It’s a small part, but it has a large and measurable effect in ride quality and durability, and it needs to be replaced more frequently than you might expect. Many riders will run their forks into the ground by not changing the seals and bath oil which is a shame, since it's not that difficult of a job.
Fork seals have a tough job. Imagine how many times your fork cycles during the course of a ride, often in demanding environments. Seal designs have improved over the years and in fact SKF has over 100 years of experience designing seals and is an OEM supplier for many fork manufactures. SKF seals are superior at sealing out water and dirt, keeping lubricating oil cleaner and the inside of your fork from becoming contaminated. If you think your 35mm stanchion Rock Shox fork is due for an overhaul, it probably is and these are the seals you'll need. Get that new fork feel and a fraction of the cost.
- A superior performing fork seal for 35mm Rock Shox
- Integrated dust sealing lip keeps dirt and water out
- Integrated oil sealing lip prevents oil from escaping the fork
- Pre-impregnated foam rings reduce friction
- Kits include enough parts for one fork