The flat pedal warriors among us will certainly appreciate the Ride Concepts Hellion Shoe when it comes time to drop in on seriously gnarly terrain. Offering increased impact protection, rugged durability, and a sticky rubber outsole, these shoes up the ante when it comes to foot comfort and pedal control. They feature tough synthetic uppers with an anti-peel coating that holds up to rocks and roots on the trail, as well as extensive perforations to keep your feet cool during long summer days at the bike park. For the bottom of the shoe, Ride Concepts partnered with the experts at Rubber Kinetics to create the DST 6.0 High Grip Rubber Outsole. This design combines their tackiest rubber with a grippy honeycomb tread pattern, working together to ensure your feet stay locked in place through even the chunkiest terrain.
As far as protection goes, The Hellion Shoes comes with anti-abrasion toe and heel guards, as well as a fully gusseted tongue that prevents the intake of dirt and debris. These are nice features, but perhaps the most unique and impressive feature is the D3O High Impact Zone Insole Technology. D3O is highly shock-absorbent padding that's commonly used for knee pads and elbow guards. By incorporating D3O into the insole, the Hellion significantly reduces the impacts sustained from huck-to-flat landings and big days in rugged terrain.
- Burly mountain bike shoes for flat pedal shredding
- Tacky DST 6.0 rubber holds you firmly to the pedals
- D3O padded insole absorbs big drops and hard hits
- Durable synthetic uppers withstand on-trail abuse
- Molded heel and toe guards protect against rock strikes
- Gusseted tongue keeps out dirt and debris
- EVA midsole adds cushioning to your step
- Perforated vents keep you cool on the trail