AR58x Carbon Wheelset
At first glance, you might think the Reynolds AR41x Carbon Wheelset is a wider, more gravelly version of the Strike. You're not far off the mark. It's a touch more shallow and a healthy bit wider, so it seats fatter tires for rides on gravel but doesn't skimp on aerodynamics when the tarmac is smooth and the drops are calling.
The AR58x's titular width might suggest that it's all about pure speed at selective yaw angles, but it's profile isn't so deep that it wants to wander in windy conditions—a feature that's especially appreciated when a less-than-ideal road surface is already trying to steer the bike for you. Reynolds refined the shape of the rim to increase stability across a variety of Yaw angles so crosswinds no longer blow you around like a sail, letting you confidently ride the wheels regardless of the conditions. The 19mm internal width may be 3mm narrower than the disc brake version, but the rims still safely seat tires up to 50mm, providing plenty of support for wider, lower pressure tubeless tires allowing you to enjoy the increased traction, lower rolling resistance, and more comfort.
- Aerodynamic wheels for racing on roads and exploring on gravel
- Carbon fiber boosts stiffness and sheds grams
- Internal width ideal for tires from 28 - 50mm
- Aerodynamic profile engineered for stability in crosswinds
- Bladed spokes increase the aero gains
- Ctg2 brake track reduces heat accumulation and risk of failure
- Tubeless construction reduces PSI for cushion and traction
- In-house hubs CNC-machined for weight loss