Warmth without the stifling sensation.
Packing the highly breathable warmth of Polartec Alpha insulation, the Rapha Men's Pro Team Insulated Jacket properly regulates your body temperature when you're grinding up long climbs and pedaling at a high cadence in the damp, cold conditions inherent to the off-season. Seeing Rapha is located in the maritime climate of Britain, it makes sense they'd create the Pro Team Insulated Jacket to fend off passing showers while trapping essential warmth, as to prevent you from becoming shivering-cold in the wet and damp.
The Polartec Alpha insulation was originally developed for the needs of US Special Forces who desired lightweight warmth from their uniforms, but without the stifling sensation of less-breathable synthetic insulation types. These rigorous needs led to the development of Polartec Alpha insulation, which traps essential body heat when it's freezing outside. However, what makes this insulation different is its ability to breathe extraordinary well, so you're not a hot, sweaty mess while pushing yourself on the road. Another benefit lies in its ability to maintain warmth in damp climates with high humidity levels, which is something that down insulation lacks the moment it gets wet.
- Traps essential warmth without overheating your body
- Designed for chilly, damp conditions of the off-season
- Polartec Alpha traps body heat, even in wet and damp
- Alpha insulation breathes during high-output activity
- Lightweight shell with water-resistant treatment
- Three rear pockets lend functional storage
- Race-inspired fit without being restrictive