Item # RCF004V
Race Face Steel Narrow Wide Cinch Direct Mount Chainring $19.99
Outlasts the competition.
Constructed of steel for hard-wearing durability, the Race Face Steel Narrow Wide Cinch Direct Mount Chainring outlasts aluminum versions when you're riding hard on a regular basis. This hard-wearing steel uses a special coating to prevent corrosion, which is helpful when you encounter wet to downright nasty conditions on the trail. Overall, you'll find it's significantly cheaper and more durable than the aluminum version of this chainring, albeit with a moderate weight penalty and only one color available.
This steel chainring employs a narrow-wide tooth profile for optimal chain retention, so you won't have to run a guide just to keep the chain from coming off. As part of Race Face's Cinch System, it mounts directly to compatible Race Face Cinch Cranks (i.e. Next SL G4, SIXC, Atlas, Turbine). Moreover, it comes in a variety of sizes and is compatible with 9, 10, 11, and 12-speed drivetrains, so you can customize gearing to your particular needs and local terrain.
For installation purposes, you'll find it uses the same Park BBT-22 bottom bracket tool as its aluminum sibling, allowing you to switch between Direct Mount chainrings and spiders without hassle.
- Hard-wearing steel construction for years of longevity
- Special coating prevents corrosion in wet conditions
- Narrow Wide tooth profile for chain retention without a guide
- Direct Mount with Race Face Cinch Cranks (see specs for list)
- Requires Park BBT-22 bottom bracket tool for installation
- Available in 28t, 30t, 32t sizes for your gearing needs
- Compatible with 9, 10, 11, and 12-speed drivetrains