Race Face's Aeffect line is made to be budget-friendly, hardworking, and somewhat bombproof to handle whatever the trail sends your way. Although relatively new to the wheel gig, Race Face relies on the expertise of sister company Easton to build solid, reliable hoops like the Aeffect-R 27.5in Boost Wheelset. With a beefy 30mm internal width and boost axle widths, this wheelset sits almost a full centimeter wider than the standard Aeffect, so it provides a stiffer, more stable platform for all-mountain endeavors.
To give the Aeffect-R stiffness and durability without the price tag of carbon, Race Face uses treated aluminum to construct the rims. At 1,810g, they make no claims of being featherweights, but they make up for that in affordability and overall durability. They're laced with straight-pull, double butted spokes in a cross-laced pattern to achieve a stiff and snappy response as you corner and climb on singletrack, and each rear wheel is accompanied by five extra spokes for quick replacement after unexpected incidents.
- An affordable wheelset built tough for trail and enduro abuse
- Treated aluminum rims don't have to be babied like carbon
- Boost axle widths increase drive and braking stiffness
- 9.2-degree hub engagement keeps input snappy on rocky climbs
- Wide rim lets mid-sized tires fill out for more traction and cushion