Why We Like The Race Face Aeffect EXI Crank Arms
Now available with a black satin finish and two-tone graphics, Race Face's popular Aeffect EXI Crank Arms are a rock solid option for aggressive trail riding. With a more accessible price point than its higher-end siblings, the Aeffect provides the freedom of a modular crank design for your trail, XC, or enduro frame without requiring you to empty your wallet to afford it. Built dependably with a forged, 6066 aluminum construction, the Aeffect may not boast the same bombproof self-assuredness of its burlier siblings, but it still has a commendable strength-to-weight ratio for aggressive trail, XC and all-mountain/enduro riding.
Just like its pricier siblings, the Aeffect boasts compatibility with a wide range of bottom bracket standards, but unlike them, it's delivered with a slimmer 24mm spindle. This means it's compatible with Race Face X-Type bottom brackets, but works with certain other BB's designed for 24mm spindles as well, such as those offered by Shimano. Swapping chainrings is quick and user-friendly with the Cinch interface, which is compatible with 10, 11, or 12-speed one-by drivetrains if you use a Race Face Narrow-Wide Cinch direct mount chainring. The beauty of the modular design is that you can also mount a Race Face Cinch direct mount spider to run a double chainring setup if that's your preference. Quiet and consistent, the Aeffect EXI shows, unsurprisingly, that Race Face has its tech and construction dialed on modular cranksets, and that a more affordable option doesn't have to mean a sacrifice on either account.
- Sturdy and affordable crank arms for XC, trail, or enduro
- Modular design is adaptable to 1x or 2x drivetrains
- Cinch direct mount interface makes chainring swaps a breeze
- Forged aluminum construction improves stiffness & durability
- 24mm spindle fits most frames if you get the right bottom bracket
- Bottom bracket and chainring not included
- Compatible with Boost, Superboost, and non-Boost hub spacing
- Compatible with SRAM and Shimano 11 and 12-speed drivetrains
- Item #RCF007B
- Arm Material
- forged 6066 aluminum
- Arm Length
- 165mm, 170mm, 175mm
- Bolt Circle Diameter
- direct mount
- BB Type
- Race Face X-Type (other bottom brackets designed for 24mm spindles may work)
- Compatible Components
- Race Face Cinch direct mount chainrings and spiders, Race Face X-Type bottom brackets
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- trail, enduro, cross-country
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help