Historically, the perfect suspension tune has been a vaguely mythical ideal attainable only by a select few intuitively gifted individuals, while the rest of us read conflicting online articles to guide tweaks and cling to the hope that our forks and shocks are at least somewhere in the vicinity of a workable tune. Given that climate, Quarq's ShockWiz is positioned to drastically improve ride quality and bring suspension tune dynamics into clearer focus for a large portion of the cycling population.
Arriving as a rather unassuming little square, ShockWiz houses an internal pressure sensor and microprocessor that pair to run diagnostics on your suspension while you ride. The system attaches to your air-sprung shock or fork's Schrader valve with a sleek hose that allows ShockWiz to collect 100 pressure readings per second for instant, continuous analysis to determine how well your suspension setup in working for you.
The ShockWiz takes in the whole picture of pressure changes and looks for negative characteristics such as pogo, pack-down, and bob, and stores away data on their severity. After the ride, just open up your smartphone and click on the ShockWiz app to get feedback and specific adjustment suggestions to improve your shock tune for a better ride next time you hit the trail.
- A smart way to analyze and adjust air-sprung shock and fork tune
- Hose connects quickly to shock or fork Schrader valves
- Internal sensor and microprocessor analyze pressure changes
- Provides tuning suggestions via an easy to use phone app
- Communicates with smartphones via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Waterproof and dustproof casing protects internals
- Compatible with Apple iOS 9 and Android Jellybean 4.3 and newer
- Direct mount option pairs with inverted forks such as RockShox RS-1