Lynn F.wrote a review of Lake MX241 Endurance Cycling Shoe - Men's on June 21, 2019
Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've now ridden both XC singletrack and long days of groad and mud with these shoes, and absolutely love them. These are the first shoes I've had that are comfortable for 8-10 hours of riding.
Points to love:
1. Double boa closure makes for easy fit adjustments while riding
2. Stiff sole has awesome power transfer
3. Molded/custom fit heel; first time I've done extended hike-a-bike sections without getting heel blisters, even with the stiff sole
4. Toe box is roomy enough for my duck feet on hot days without being sloppy
5. Ventilation is fantastic; after a 9-hour day in 85+ degree temps, I didn't have a single hot spot.
One additional note: I measured according to the Lake size chart which recommended a full size larger than my norm, and then sent the first pair back as they were too big. I ended up with my regular size. I was worried that there wasn't a woman's model available, but the men's shoe fits beautifully.