Karissa Lambwrote a review of Garmin Fenix 5S Sapphire on March 15, 2018
1. The Fenix 5S uses GLONASS Technology. This GPS reading tech is top of the line in terms of navigation. This navigation satellite system is space-based and operates in the radio navigation satellite service. Basically, this means that positions can be fixed quick and accurately, especially in condensed areas where the view to some GPS satellites would be obscured by buildings.
2. You can wirelessly transfer your data to Strava or Garmin Connect etc without connecting to a computer.
3. Along with great navigation technology, it has backtrack technology, or almost like bread crumb technology. Meaning, if you get lost, it will take you back to where you started.
4. This watch has a great battery life. Up to two weeks in the “smartwatch mode” (all depending on settings), 24 hours in GPS mode or, 60 hours in UltraTrac™ battery save mode.
5. The Fenix Sapphire 5S has an indestructible crystal face that works as hard as you do.
6. The resolution is crazy nice.. like cell phone quality nice. You’ll have the capability to read any of your smart notifications that are important to you. You can actually customize your watch face through Garmin's Connect IQ store for free.
7. HR on the wrist which means, you’re not having to wear a chest strap while you sleep or throughout your normal day to day activities.
8. You don’t have to look like a huge nerd.. I don’t know how to word that different. This watch is just bad ass and stylish. It’s this all things you want in a watch. It is beyond capable and pretty much does it all. It tracks everything and more.. And by more, I mean more.