JON J.wrote a review of Pearl Izumi PRO Aero Glove - Men's on August 28, 2019
Familiarity: I've used it several times
Poorly placed palm padding causes numbness in my hands, Every time i find a glove with pads that fit my hand they discontinue or change it. Tried no gloves and had no numbness, but lots of sweat. This glove was a trial. Bought medium as usually wear medium in PI, but fit too tight at base of fingers so sized up to large. Very comfortable now, not constricting my fingers.
1. No pads, no numbness but still have protection if touch the pavement
2. Good road feel, good bar grip with no slipping and no sticking.
2. I like the absence of velcro -- no snagging. A bit harder to get off, but not dramatically -- well worth it to not have velcro.
3. Very sleek, very light, but i would like more color choices such as white for the heat.
4. After 10 or so rides and post-ride hand washing they are holding up quite well, but time will tell. I have Castelli Corso Pave pull-ons and they started to tear between the thumb and forefinger after just a few on and offs.
1. Thumb wipe exists, but it is 'aero' as well, i.e. it is not as plush as on other PI gloves. Harder to clean that part as well.
2. Limited colors. What about white and silver PI?
3. Cuff is fairly high, past the wrist versus all my other gloves
Summary: Pros outweigh the cons as lack of hand numbness trumps all the cons. I use this almost exclusively now. If i was to redesign i would enhance the thumb wipe, shorten the cuff rise, loosen the junction of fingers/hand junction, offer white/silver, white/red type color options. That would be a perfect glove.