Barrett Coxwrote a review of Etnies Marana Crank Cycling Shoe - Men's on May 16, 2019
Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit was true to size.
- Very solid construction, I don't foresee issues with the shoes falling apart quickly.
- Comfortable out of the box, didn't need a long break-in period like other riding shoes have.
- Pretty good looking for an MTB specific shoe.
- Sole stiffness feels great so far, just enough pedal feel while still providing a firm platform.
- They've been plenty grippy on my Crank Bros Stamp 7 pedals.
- Sole durability seems great.
- If you absolutely need super grip that Five Ten provides, these just aren't quiite there. I'd say they are about 80% as grippy as Impact VXI's or Freerider Contacts.
- While I haven't had issues yet, the heel pocket seems a little shallow and I'm slightly concerned about heel slip in the future.
- Haven't ridden in hot weather yet, but these aren't going to be a very breathable shoe. That being said, I'll take a bit of extra foot protection over breathability any day.
Overall I'm very impressed with this new variation of the Marana. I was expecting less grip and a much softer sole, but these will be my daily riding shoes until they wear out. If you're looking for a change from Five Ten or are just a fan of Etnies, give these a shot!